In this project we transformed a patchwork of 1970’s construction and a water damaged foundation into an elevated family home with beautiful views of the harbour and all season indoor/outdoor living. Architecturally the team maximised a rectilinear form to take full advantage of the potential internal space while creatively transforming the existing garage into a green roof for the main dwelling. Re-pitching the roof to the rear further opened up the circulation in this property. Modern, warm earth tones reflect the client’s New Zealand and South African roots.
- Cross ventilation paths through the home.
- Water tanks feeding all WC, laundry and green roof.
- Walls and ceiling insulated.
- Ample glazing to maximise winter solar access.
- Strategic plantings for shading and low water use.
- Energy efficient fittings.
- Raised floor structure for subfloor ventilation.
- Concrete slab for thermal mass.